Health at Time of Pick up the Puppy
- The Seller guarantees the Dog to be in good health and of sound temperament at the time it leaves Das Haus Vom Knallhart Kennels.
- The Purchaser agrees to take the Dog to a licensed veterinarian of his/her choice within 72 hours of receipt for a health check.
- The Dog is guaranteed to be free of major communicable diseases (i.e. distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis) for a period of ten (10) days from the date of sale.
- If Dog is determined to be in ill health, the cause of which is clearly attributable to the Seller, the Dog may, upon representation of a written diagnosis and supporting documentation from a licensed veterinarian, be returned to the Seller for replacement if not possible from the same litter, the buyer will have the first choice on the upcoming litter. All registration paperwork showing proper transfer of ownership back to the Seller must accompany the replacement Dog.
Generic Health Warranty
- The Dog is warranted to test free of genetic health defects, DM, hip and elbow dysplasia, until the age of (24) months.
- For the purpose of evaluation for hip and elbow dysplasia, the Purchaser agrees to submit hip and elbow x-ray films showing proper positioning and meeting accepted standards to an internationally recognized certification organization such as OFA, OVC, or German SV once the Dog is old enough to be eligible for certification. This evaluation is done at the Purchaser’s expense. The opinion of a veterinarian and preliminary evaluations, such as are provided by OFA for dogs under 2 years old, are not acceptable as proof of a defect.
- Should the dog fail to certify and be evaluated as dysplastic in hips or elbows by an internationally recognized certification organization, a copy or high quality digital photograph of the original x-ray must be sent to the Seller, and must include on the x-ray plate the date that the x-ray was taken. The Seller must also be provided with a current, dated photograph of the Dog, and a written statement from the veterinarian who took the x-ray stating the weight of the Dog at the time the x-ray was taken and that, to the veterinarian’s knowledge, any joint pathology present is not due to injury. No refund or replacement will be made without an official evaluation and other supporting documentation.
- Proof in the form of a written diagnosis and any supporting evidence (i.e. laboratory tests, x-rays) from a licensed veterinarian must be provided to the Seller prior to refund or replacement. Seller also reserves the right to contact the Purchaser’s veterinarian that has been treating the Dog to inquire about past and present health conditions, injuries and other relevant information.
- Any diagnosis made by the Purchaser’s veterinarian shall be subject to confirmation by a veterinarian chosen by the Seller. Should the Seller’s veterinarian not concur with the diagnosis, the matter shall be presented to a third veterinarian mutually agreed upon by the Seller and the Purchaser.
- Should the Dog be proven to have dysplasia or another genetic health defect covered under this Limited Warranty, the Purchaser shall have the choice of the following options:
- Return the original Dog to the Seller in exchange for a replacement Dog of equal or greater value from a future litter, not necessarily from the same breeding.
- Keep the original Dog and receive either a refund in the amount of one-half of the original purchase price OR receive a credit of one-half of the original purchase price towards the purchase of a replacement Dog from a future litter.
- While the Purchaser’s preference will be taken into consideration, in all cases the final choice between monetary refund or replacement puppy is solely that of the Seller.
- Should the Purchaser wish to keep the original Dog, the Seller must be provided with proof that the original Dog has been spayed/neutered prior to issuing a refund or replacement.
- Should the Purchaser wish to return the original Dog, all registration paperwork showing proper transfer of ownership back to the Seller must accompany the returned Dog.
Physical Appearance (for Breeding consideration)
NOTE: As physical appearance has no bearing on a dog’s ability to perform in sporting/working endeavors or to serve as a companion, this section of the warranty applies to dogs sold as breeding prospects ONLY and does not apply to dogs placed into pet homes.
- The Dog's adult structure will be acceptable for working/sporting endeavors and the Dog will be free of disqualifying structural faults as determined by the International (FCI) Breed Standard for the German Shepherd Dog. However, as the Dog is not being sold as a conformation show prospect, the Seller does not warranty the dog to place well in conformation competition.
- The Dog will exhibit adult dentition that is deemed acceptable for breeding under the International (FCI) Breed Standard of the German Shepherd Dog.
- The testicles of males are warranted to drop by the age of twelve (12) months.
- The Dog’s ears will stand. Should the ears not stand by five (5) months of age, the Seller must be notified immediately. The ears must then be properly taped under a veterinarian's supervision. If after taping the ears are still not standing, the Dog may be returned for a replacement provided that the proper procedure for taping the ears has been followed and documented. If the ears are not standing and the Purchaser does not tape the ears, no refund or replacement will be made. The Purchaser should be aware that it is not uncommon for the ears to drop during the teething period. If the ears were standing prior to teething, then go down during the teething period, they will almost always go back up after teething is completed.
- Should the Dog develop a structural fault that precludes it from breeding under the FCI standard, the Dog may be returned to the Seller for refund or replacement. All registration paperwork showing proper transfer of ownership back to the Seller must accompany the returned Dog.
- Seller shall not be held responsible for any non-genetically derived diseases or disorders, or for any health problems, regardless of nature, that are due to improper care and maintenance of the Dog.
- Should the Dog be bred before two (2) years of age, the Limited Warranty is void.
- Should the Purchaser suspect the Dog possesses any health-related problems stated above and covered under this Limited Warranty, the Seller must be notified immediately.
- Should the Dog develop any health problems that are clearly attributable to abuse, neglect, injury, poor nutrition or factors that are not genetic in origin, such issues will not be covered under this Limited Warranty and the Seller will be held harmless.
- This is a Limited Liability Warranty. Purchaser understands that under no circumstances will the Seller be held responsible for monetary compensation exceeding the original purchase price of the Dog.
- Refunds and replacement credits do not include applicable shipping costs, should the Purchaser choose to return the Dog to the Seller. The Purchaser is solely responsible for any applicable shipping costs on replacement dogs.
- This Limited Warranty is between the Seller and original Purchaser and is non-transferable to a third party.
- There are no additional warranties, either intended or implied.